Athens Country Club offers the following amenities:
- In 1992, Athens Country Club completed a new 55,000 square foot Clubhouse. It includes a grand ballroom with the ability to seat 350 people, casual and formal dining rooms, a lounge, mixed grill, men's grill, fitness room and locker rooms for men and women.
- A 200,000-gallon outdoor pool is the centerpiece of the Athens Country Club Aquatic Center. Its other features include a children's pool, playground and seating area. A nearby snack bar, restrooms and locker area offer extended comfort. The newest addition is an exciting water slide that is constantly enjoyed by children and adults alike.
- The Athens Country Club Tennis Center features twelve lighted courts, nine of which are hard courts, three that are clay. The Club's Tennis Clubhouse overlook the courts, and offers a fully-stocked pro shop, a viewing deck, tiled patio, and locker rooms. Clinics, private lessons, league play, tournaments, and social events are available for adults and juniors year-round.
- When Alonzo "Lon" Dudley founded Athens Country Club in 1925, much of his focus was on the creation of one of the nation's top golf courses. Following a trip to Westchester Country Club in New York, Dudley was determined to recruit Donald Ross - already the best-known golf architect of his era - to design the first 18 holes at Athens Country Club.
By mid 1926, the links were ready for opening, and none other than the legendary Bobby Jones came to Athens to dedicate the course. Also playing in his foursome were Watts Gunn and Gene Cook of Atlanta and John Oliver of Valdosta. Jones shot a 75 and chipped in on No. 4 for an eagle. He liked the course and thought it had a good future. He later came back and played several other times.
- Athens Country Club utilizes our state-of-the-art workout room to provide our fitness offerings. Located adjacent to the men's and women's locker rooms on the bottom floor of the Clubhouse, the workout room offers a variety of variable resistance machines that isolate individual muscle groups and offer a safe workout environment. Free weights are provided as well. Elliptical trainers, treadmills, and stationary bikes are available for cardio workouts. Nearby televisions allow members to choose the program of their choice as they exercise.